Setup PHP Dev Envrionment on Windows
It is actually very simple to setup a simple development environment for your PHP projects. XAMPP is your friend you must have for this. It is easy to install and setup, with minimal configuration needed after.
Here are the steps,
- Go to XAMPP website to download and install it.
- After installation, run it and you will see a window as shown below
- Start APACHE and MYSQL modules and your already almost there !
- Now, you can open your browser and hit in
http://localhost:80for the url and you will see a welcome message by XAMPP.
Congrats ! You have setup your development environment for PHP. Here are some things to take note of
– To enable or disable modules (e.g SQLite3), you can modify the php.ini which should by default is in
– You can look through your logs and edit your config through the same control panel as well.
C:\xampp\htdocs and place your files there